Apostille for Ukrainians 2023: new rules for certification of documents by apostille
Apostille is an international standardized form for filling out information about the legality of a document. In particular, the "Apostille" stamp is applied to originals and copies of documents. Learn more about the current changes in 2023 in apostillation and who needs it
As of January 1, 2023, the procedure for certifying official documents with an apostille has changed in Ukraine. We talk about current changes and who needs an apostille.
What is an Apostille, and why is it needed?
Apostille is a special stamp that is placed on official documents and confirms their validity and makes the documents valid in the territory of the member states of The Hague Convention of 1961. That is, an apostille is a simplified procedure for the legalization of a Ukrainian document in 112 countries of the world.
The apostille stamp can be placed both on the document itself and on a separate sheet attached to the document.
Apostille can be applied to the following documents:
• certificates issued by Civil Registry Offices authorities: about birth or death, marriage or its dissolution, adoption of a child, name change, etc.;
• notarial acts;
• court decisions;
• documents about education;
• other official documents issued on the territory of Ukraine.
That is, if you need to present Ukrainian documents to some official institutions abroad, they must have an apostille stamp. For example, you want to get a job in a specialty, and you have to present your diploma for the relevant education - your diploma must be accompanied by an apostille confirming the validity of the education document. Before going abroad, we recommend that you put an apostille on those documents that you may need there.
What are the changes in the apostillation of documents in 2023?
Please note that the apostille on official Ukrainian documents is applied exclusively on the territory of Ukraine. That is, you will not be able to affix an apostille to Ukrainian documents in Ukrainian embassies or consulates abroad.
From January 1, 2023, part of the documents that were previously apostilled by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs will be certified by the Ministry of Internal Affairs, Ministry of Internal Affairs, and State Tax Service. So now:
- The Ministry of Internal Affairs places an apostille on documents issued by this Ministry and its territorial bodies, except for documents related to the sphere of education and science.
- The Ministry of Education and Science puts an apostille on official documents issued by this Ministry, as well as by territorial bodies, educational institutions, enterprises, institutions and organizations that provide services in the field of education and science or conduct other activities related to the provision of such services.
- The Ministry of Justice affixes an apostille on documents issued by justice bodies, courts, state archival institutions, and bodies for the execution of punishments and probation; as well as on documents drawn up by state or notaries of Ukraine.
- The State Migration Service affixes an apostille on documents issued by this service, its territorial and territorial subdivisions related to the field of migration.
- The State Tax Service puts an apostille on documents issued by this service and its territorial bodies
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs affixes an apostille to all other types of documents, but the documents listed above will no longer be apostilled by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The documents from the list above will be returned without review, because from January 1, the authority to certify these documents with an apostille belongs to other authorities.
Our products and cooperation:
Visit Ukraine Tours is the largest online database of tours in Ukraine for every taste;
Visit Ukraine Merch - patriotic clothing and accessories with worldwide delivery;
Visit Ukraine Tickets - book airline tickets to anywhere in the world;
Cooperation – cooperation and advertising integrations with the Visit Ukraine and Visit World projects.
Families with children who are forced to stay on the territory of Austria can count on financial assistance from the state. Learn more about who can receive payments and what documents are required
01 Feb. 2023More details
1 minFor refugees
Refugees from Ukraine can receive financial assistance under the Family 500+ program in Poland. Applications will be accepted from February 1. Find out how to apply for payment and the terms of processing
Italy allows refugees from Ukraine official employment. However, as everywhere, in the country you can come across unscrupulous employers. Learn more about how to protect your employee rights and where to go if they are violated
Visited by 50,000 people every day, Visit Ukraine is ready to cooperate with bloggers, pages, brands and companies. We're always on the hunt for high-quality travel guest posts, written for by tourists, expats and entrepreneurs.
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.