Insurance for traveling abroad: why it is so important to protect yourself from unforeseen situations
Safety and confidence while traveling abroad is the key to a pleasant vacation. Learn more about how an insurance policy can help you get rid of unnecessary problems during your trip
Traveling abroad opens up exciting adventures and unexplored places. However, along with positive emotions comes the realization that unforeseen situations can arise at any time, creating risks to our well-being and budget. Here's why it's a must before traveling abroad to take out travel insurance.
Medical expenses are one of the key arguments in favor of insurance. After all, an illness or accident abroad can turn into a financial disaster. A travel insurance policy allows you to reduce the budgetary burden in case of medical care.
In addition, the insurance provides the possibility of emergency evacuation and repatriation in case of serious illness or injury, which is especially important away from home.
It is also worth noting that some countries require proof of insurance to obtain a visa or when crossing the border. Thus, insurance may become a prerequisite for traveling to some regions.
How to choose health insurance: step-by-step instructions.
European Health Insurance Card. Read here how to get preferential medical care in the EU countries.
Health insurance abroad: find answers to the most common questions here.
Insurance with Visit Ukraine
When applying for insurance, we recommend paying attention to the benefits and features of the policy and choosing trusted insurance agents. On our website, you can take out reliable insurance with a guaranteed payment in just 3 minutes.
Also, now our clients can take out travel insurance for 3 days.
The basic European travel insurance program includes:
• COVID-19: diagnostics and treatment as prescribed by a doctor if indicated - €2,000;
• the cost of insurance policy coverage is €30,000;
• deductible of €100;
• all countries of Europe and the Schengen area, including Turkey, Egypt, Cyprus, Tunisia, UAE, Georgia, Malta. Except for the russian federation, the republic of belarus, Ukraine and the country of permanent residence of the Beneficiary;
• emergency outpatient care;
• emergency inpatient care;
• expenses for calling an ambulance in the country of residence;
• emergency ambulance;
• emergency obstetric care up to the 28th week of pregnancy;
• expenses for emergency and urgent outpatient (in a medical institution or by a licensed doctor) and inpatient care, including consultations, diagnostics, treatment, and payment for medicines prescribed by a doctor;
• evacuation costs for children under 14 years of age. If, as a result of an accident or sudden illness occurring to adults, children insured under the Contract lose the possibility of supervision by adults, the Insurer shall organize early return of children to Ukraine. In this case, the right to use return tickets of the children shall be transferred to the Insurer;
• expenses for emergency surgeries, including expenses for necessary medicines prescribed by a doctor, bandages and fixation means (plaster bandages, langues)
• burial expenses abroad in case of death of the Insured person outside Ukraine shall be paid within the amount of UAH 1000. Unused return ticket shall be handed over to the Insurer. Medical evacuation and repatriation of the body shall be carried out, upon prior agreement with the Insurer's Specialized Service, within the amount of 1000 UAH;
• repatriation of the body;
• medical transportation.
Other packages include a broader insurance program. You can learn more about the offers and purchase insurance here.
On our website, you can also purchase a Green Card, which will allow you to travel around the world in your own car. You can learn more about its benefits here.
Remember that safety and confidence while traveling abroad is the key to a pleasant experience and unforgettable moments. Do not risk your finances and health, contact an insurance agent to choose the necessary insurance for the period of your trip.
Plan your adventures in advance and go through them with the confidence that you have protected yourself from possible troubles.
Our recommendation for a safe and comfortable trip:
Visit Ukraine Insurance - insurance for a safe stay abroad without unnecessary expenses;
Green Card - compulsory car insurance for traveling abroad;
Visit Ukraine Tickets - book tickets for buses, trains, and airplanes to/from Ukraine and between cities around the world;
Private Lawyer service - professional legal support on visa and migration issues;
Visit Ukraine Merch - buy patriotic clothing and accessories with worldwide delivery.
The lack of air travel reduces the number of options for getting to Ukraine. However, the country's land borders are open, so we have prepared convenient routes to enter from Denmark
31 Jul. 2023More details
Due to the war, Ukraine's airspace is closed, so you need to carefully consider your route. Find out more about how to get from Portugal to Ukraine and travel tips
Internews Ukraine presented an analysis of the privacy policies of popular Ukrainian apps and websites. Find out which services are most concerned about protecting the personal data of their users
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.