Minor labor during wartime: what to remember
The State Labor Service of Ukraine reminds of the basic requirements for the employment of Ukrainian minors because the end of the school year and the desire to help the country and family stimulate more and more teenagers to look for work.
At what age is it allowed to start working and what is the length of the working week?
• from the age of 14 - in free time from studies, with the consent of one of the parents or a guardian and under the condition of performing only light work;
• from the age of 15 - with the consent of one of the parents or a guardian;
• from 16 years old - without restrictions.
It is prohibited to employ children under the age of 14.
In the conditions of martial law, the duration of the permissible working week reaches up to 50 hours.
Types of work prohibited for minors
Teenagers cannot work in dangerous and harmful conditions.
Perform heavy and underground work, such as foundry processing or construction or assembly work, and any other work included in the List of heavy work and work with harmful and dangerous working conditions.
The following are also prohibited: work at night, on weekends, overtime work, and business trips.
For employees under the age of 18, there are standards for the weight of things that are permissible for moving and lifting.
Special conditions of employment
Underage workers in labor relations have the same rights as adult workers. The salary is set at the level of an adult employee. However, a list of benefits has been developed for teenagers:
• limitation of grounds for dismissal – when dismissal is initiated by the employer, consent must be obtained from the children's affairs service;
• the term for which the first workplace is provided must exceed 2 years;
• absence of a trial period;
• additional vacations for taking exams;
• employment quotas.
When hiring minors, a number of requirements must be met:
1. An employment contract must be concluded only in writing.
2. The employee must have no medical contraindications - a certificate must be provided.
3. Annual medical examination before reaching the age of 21.
4. Special registration with the date of birth.
5. The duration of annual leave is 31 days (for the period of martial law, 24 days). Vacation can be taken at any convenient time without having to work continuously for six months before it is granted.
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.