About this tour
Hike to Mount Spitsy
Please coordinate dates before booking!
Mount Spitsy is at an altitude of 1,863 meters above sea level. This is one of the most interesting peaks in the Ukrainian Carpathians.
Here you can see whole rows of unusual rock ledges, the height of which in some places reaches from 15 to 50 meters. Often in these regions, the names of peaks, lakes and rivers reflect the appearance or are related to historical events for which the Carpathians are famous. The Spitsy rocks were no exception. Giant stone embankments of natural origin from a distance resemble pitchforks or spears. The spikes look like mighty giants, to which the subalpine meadows spread below give mystery. According to legends, it is here, in the Hazhina tract, that the Hutsul Robin Hood - the leader of the Ukrainian opryshka Oleksa Dovbush - is buried, as well as part of his treasures.
The price of the tour includes:
Additionally, you can purchase travel insurance on our website.
The price of the tour does not include and is paid additionally:
- transfer to the starting point (1500 UAH for groups of 1-3 people; 500 UAH per person for groups of 4 or more people)
- food (individually)
1. At 08:00 the group gathers at the central station of the city of Yaremche. From here we go by bus/car to the starting point of the hiking trip - village Bystrets of the Verkhovyna district.
2. The length of the route is 13 km.
3. The duration is approximately 6 hours.
4. The difficulty is medium.
5. The tourist route is designed for an average group of physically healthy people.
6. Participation in the hike does not require prior training or experience.
7. It is strictly forbidden to drink alcohol during the ascent and descent.
What to take with you on a trip?
1. Identity document: passport/driver's license.
2. Comfortable waterproof shoes (preferably mountain trekking boots with high lacing and a "vibram" type protector).
3. A windproof jacket with a hood, preferably waterproof, windproof pants that do not hinder movement, a warm sweater or a "fleece" type jacket, headgear (hat, bandana), raincoat.
4. Spare set of clothes.
5. A capacious, preferably light backpack
7. Food: you can take high-calorie foods, such as nuts, dried fruits, dates, raisins, dark chocolate.
8. Individual first-aid kits (necessary medicines that you use).
The tour is conducted in Ukrainian! To book a tour in English - select the additional service "Tour in English" when booking.
5 reasons to choose tour
They will not only guide you along the route from start to finish, but also tell interesting stories and legends
The ascent can be done in 1 day, but it is very easy to choose only 1 day off and conquer the mountain in such a short time
The Carpathian peaks offer incredible views
Physical activity + clean air + spring water + altitude = reserve of health for months ahead
A unique landscape
Spitsy is a natural wonder in the form of sharp rocks formed on the slopes of Montenegro
What is included?
Recreational collection in nature reserves
*From each purchased tour, we transfer 10% to the Ukrainian Refugee Support Fund. All profits from press tours are transferred to the reconstruction of Ukraine.
ALSO YOU WILL LIKE
Excursion-hike to the Blue Lagoon in Transcarpathia
Hike to Pikuy
"Borzhava" polony hike
Hike to the Voyevodin waterfall
Hike to Khomyak Mountain
Hike to Hoverla mountain
Hike to Yavirnyk
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.