How to get from Armenia to Ukraine: convenient routes and useful tips
Traveling to Ukraine is difficult due to closed skies and overloaded border crossings. Find out how to get to Ukraine from Armenia quickly and conveniently and how to organize your trip properly
Even despite the military risks, foreign tourists continue to travel to Ukraine, explore the beauty of its nature, rich culture, romantic and mystical places. There are no restrictions on travel to Ukraine, both Ukrainians and foreigners can cross the country's borders. The main thing is to follow the rules and have the necessary package of documents. The only thing that complicates the journey is closed air space.
How to quickly and conveniently get to Ukraine from Armenia? We have prepared the most convenient routes and many useful tips for you.
It should be noted that over 3,000 tourists from Armenia visited Ukraine in the first half of 2023.
Travel route from Armenia to Ukraine
Most tourists are used to traveling by plane, because it is the fastest and most convenient option. However, due to the fact that the airspace in Ukraine is closed, it is impossible to get here by air transport. The best option is to fly to one of the European airports located near the Ukrainian border, and then continue your journey to Ukraine by ground transport.
Ukraine borders the following European countries - Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania and Moldova. How to get here from Armenia?
Flight to the Ukrainian border
● Armenia – Poland
You can get from Armenia to Poland on a direct Yerevan-Warsaw flight.
Departure time - 04:20, arrival - 06:15, flight duration - 3 hours 55 minutes.
The price of the ticket is from 230 euros.
● Armenia – Moldova
You can fly from Armenia to Chisinau on a direct flight Yerevan-Chisinau, which departs daily at 18:10. Travel time - 2 hours 40 minutes. Arrival - 19:50. The price of the ticket is from 90 euros.
You can fly to Slovakia, Hungary and Romania only with a stopover in a European city.
After arriving at one of the EU airports, you can continue your trip to Ukraine by train or bus.
Railway connection Europe - Ukraine
Most of the tourists prefer the railway because of its speed and comfort. Ukraine is connected to European cities by the following trains:
● Poland - from Warsaw you can reach Kyiv, from Przemyśl - to Kyiv, Odesa and Zaporizhzhia, from Chelm - to Kyiv and Kharkiv.
A new railway connection between the Ukrainian cities of Ivano-Frankivsk and Lviv and the Polish cities of Lublin and Warsaw is also expected soon.
● Hungary - there is a direct train from Budapest to Kyiv.
● Austria - a direct train goes from Vienna to Kyiv.
● Moldova - a direct train goes from Chisinau to Kyiv.
● Slovakia - from Kosice you can reach Chopa and Mukachevo.
See the link for a detailed schedule of trains running between Ukraine and European countries.
By bus from Armenia to Ukraine
A fairly convenient and economical way to get to Ukraine is by bus. Ukraine and Armenia are connected by many routes. From Yerevan, you can reach the following Ukrainian cities: Kyiv, Odesa, Kharkiv, Dnipro, Zaporizhzhia, Kherson, Mykolaiv, etc.
Travel time from 40 hours. The price of the ticket is 150-170 euros.
Carriers offer comfortable passenger buses for the trip. The salon is equipped with soft seats, a toilet and an automatic climate control system, a large luggage compartment, Wi-Fi, which allows you to travel comfortably.
From Armenia to Ukraine by own car
The distance from the capital of Armenia, Yerevan, to Odesa is 2,757 km. The journey to Kyiv will be 500 kilometers longer. Duration of the trip - from 36 hours The route will pass through many countries - Turkey, Bulgaria, Romania and Moldova.
You can check the current state of queues for entry into Ukraine from Europe by following the link.
In addition, we draw your attention to the fact that despite the fact that checkpoints are open 24 hours a day, there is a curfew on the territory of Ukraine due to the state of war.
Rules of entry to Ukraine for citizens of Armenia
Citizens of Armenia have the right to visa-free entry to Ukraine if their trip meets the following two requirements:
- Planned stay of less than 90 days within a 180-day period.
- The purpose of the trip is tourism, visiting relatives or other short-term trips.
A citizen of Armenia needs to obtain a visa if he plans to work or study in Ukraine or the duration of the trip is more than 90 days. After arriving in Ukraine, in this case, you need to issue a residence permit.
List of documents for visa-free entry to Ukraine from Armenia
Citizens of Armenia may enter the territory of Ukraine on the basis of a valid foreign passport. Also, for visa-free travel, it is additionally necessary to provide:
● a document that will confirm the purpose of the trip to Ukraine - a tourist voucher, tickets to seminars, exhibitions, fairs, invitations from companies and organizations;
● confirmation of the availability of housing in Ukraine - hotel reservations, apartment rental contracts, etc.;
● sufficient financial support for travel in Ukraine ($45 per person for each day of stay in Ukraine).
It is not necessary to provide evidence of vaccination against Covid-19 and to wear a protective mask in Ukraine, because from July 1, all restrictions and quarantine measures have been canceled in the country.
How to plan a trip to Ukraine?
We have prepared a plan for preparing a trip to Ukraine for you:
1. The first thing a tourist should do is book an interesting, and most importantly, safe tour. The largest database of routes from verified travel operators is available at the link.
2. At the second stage, take care of the road - an important stage of preparing a trip to Ukraine is the process of purchasing tickets. To make your trip as comfortable as possible, you should choose only proven ticket purchase services. Thousands of travelers book tickets on the Visit Ukraine portal. Plane, train or bus - a ticket for any type of transport in one place. You can see the schedule and make a reservation by following the link.
3. The third stage – find housing. Ukraine has a very wide base of accommodation facilities. During your vacation, you can stay in a hotel with different stars, a hostel, rent an apartment or rest in a guest house. You can book using the link. Also, when booking a hotel, pay attention to the availability of nearby shelters.
4. For visa-free entry to Ukraine, it is necessary to have a health insurance policy. However, when traveling in Ukraine under martial law, it is important to find insurance that covers war-related risks: accidental damage due to hostilities or acts of terrorism, outpatient treatment, hospitalization and emergency care. You can issue a policy quickly and easily by following the link.
5. To feel more mobile while traveling in Ukraine, we recommend renting a car. Detailed instructions here.
6. When traveling through Ukraine under martial law, be sure to follow safety rules.
Ukraine is an interesting country, rich in natural wonders, UNESCO World Heritage sites, turbulent history and delicious cuisine. Everyone who visits Ukraine at least once will fall in love with it forever. Therefore, we invite you on a fantastic journey!
Do you have any questions? Contact the managers of Visit Ukraine for help at any stage of preparation for a trip to Ukraine, as well as during your stay in the country.
Want to know more? Read the latest news and useful materials about Ukraine and the world in the News section.
You may be interested in:
Visit Ukraine Donation - make a good deed and an important contribution to the Victory of Ukraine;
Visit Ukraine Legal advice - comprehensive legal support on entry to Ukraine;
Visit Ukraine Tours - the largest online database of tours to Ukraine for every taste;
Visit Ukraine Merch - choose patriotic clothing and accessories with worldwide delivery;
Visit Ukraine News - get the latest news and updates in our Telegram channel;
Cooperation - cooperation and advertising integrations with Visit Ukraine and Visit World projects.
© 2018-2023, Visit Ukraine. Use, copying or reprinting of materials on this site is permitted only with a link (hyperlink for online publications) to Visit Ukraine.
All rights reserved.
Even under martial law, Ukraine continues to welcome foreign visitors and tourists from all over the world. Find out which of the most unexpected places foreigners came to Ukraine from this year
10 Oct. 2023More details
The validity of temporary and permanent residence permits is automatically extended until the end of martial law in Ukraine for all, except for citizens of the aggressor country. Find out how to get a new residence permit or exchange a lost or damaged document during the war
12 Oct. 2023More details
The full-scale russian invasion has led to an unprecedented wave of interest in Ukraine among foreigners. Find out more about what people abroad are searching for about Ukraine and what are the most popular queries in search engines
13 Oct. 2023More details
Airlines for Europe (A4E), an EU airline association representing 70% of European carriers, has released a report showing that the number of flight delays in the European Union has increased by more than 400% compared to previous years. Find out more about the reasons for this
13 Oct. 2023More details
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.