Hike to Pip Ivan Chornohirskyi
About this tour
Hike to Pip Ivan Chornohirskyi
Please coordinate dates before booking!
Pip Ivan (or Popyvan) is one of the 7 proud 2,000-year-old peaks of the Ukrainian Carpathians. Black Mountain (2020.5 m), as the peak is also called, ranks third in the list of the highest mountains of the Ukrainian Carpathians: the first place belongs to Hoverly (2061 m), the second - Brebeneskul mountain (2038 m).
Pip Ivan is visited by hundreds of tourists every year because of the picturesque views of the Carpathians, which can be seen from here in good weather. And also because of its highlight - the Polish-Ukrainian observatory "White Elephant" - the highest building in Ukraine, where people live and work. In addition, Mount Pip Ivan is located on several popular tourist routes, which should be visited by everyone who wants to fall in love with the mountains.
The route also passes through the picturesque Smotrytsky waterfall and Mount Vukhaty kamen (1864 m). –, the final point is Pip-Ivan (2022). with an observatory on top. And on the way back, we will visit Mount Smotrych (1898 m.) on the slopes of which there are strange stone mushrooms, the Polonyn cheese factory awaits us.
After returning, we will have dinner, a sauna, and we will also warm ourselves with tea made from Carpathian herbs (optional).
The price of the tour includes:
- Meals (hot breakfast and dinner, lunch - snack; for one-day tours - snack);
- Guide services;
- Recreational collection in nature reserves;
- Equipment for cooking;
- Group first aid kit;
- Consultations on preparation for the tour.
Additionally, you can purchase travel insurance on our website.
The price of the tour does not include and is paid additionally:
- transfer to the starting point (350-400 UAH)
- food (individually)
- accommodation after the descent (approximately UAH 300 per person)
- bathhouse (approximately UAH 100 per person)
1. At 07:00 the group gathers at the central station of the city of Yaremche or Ivano-Frankivsk. From here we go by bus/car to the starting point of the hiking trip - village Dzembronya, Verkhovyna district.
2. The length of the route is 22 km.
3. The duration is approximately 10 hours.
4. The difficulty is hard.
5. The tourist route is designed for an average group of physically healthy people.
6. Participation in the hike does not require prior training or experience.
7. It is strictly forbidden to drink alcohol during the ascent and descent.
What to take with you on a trip?
1. Identity document: passport/driver's license.
2. Comfortable waterproof shoes (preferably mountain trekking boots with high lacing and a "vibram" type protector).
3. A windproof jacket with a hood, preferably waterproof, windproof pants that do not hinder movement, a warm sweater or a "fleece" type jacket, headgear (hat, bandana), raincoat.
4. Spare set of clothes.
5. A capacious, preferably light backpack
7. Food: you can take high-calorie foods, such as nuts, dried fruits, dates, raisins, dark chocolate.
8. Individual first-aid kits (necessary medicines that you use).
- for an individual tour - 3400 UAH;
- for a group of 2-4 people - 3700 UAH;
- for a group of 5-10 people - 850 UAH from the person
*To order a tour in English, select the option Excursion in English when ordering.
Order branded Visit Ukraine merch for stylish travels in Ukraine (worldwide delivery)
5 reasons to choose tour
They will not only guide you along the route from start to finish, but also tell interesting stories and legends
The ascent can be done in 1 day, but it is very easy to choose only 1 day off and conquer the mountain in such a short time
The Carpathian peaks offer incredible views
Physical activity + clean air + spring water + altitude = reserve of health for months ahead
A unique landscape
The mountain ranks third in the list of the highest mountains of the Ukrainian Carpathians, and it is also home to the Polish-Ukrainian White Elephant observatory, the highest building in Ukraine where people live and work.
What is included?
Recreational collection in nature reserves
*From each purchased tour, we transfer 10% to the Ukrainian Refugee Support Fund. All profits from press tours are transferred to the reconstruction of Ukraine.
ALSO YOU WILL LIKE
Hike to Mount Shpytsi
Hike to Pikuy
"Borzhava" polony hike
Hike to the Voyevodin waterfall
Hike to Khomyak Mountain
Hike to Hoverla mountain
Hike to Yavirnyk
Hike to Mount Spitsy
HIKE TO PETROS AND HOVERLA
"Hutsul plays" - a hike to the Kostrych ridge
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.