HIKETO THE LAKE NESAMOVYTE
About this tour
Hike to Lake Nesamovyte
Please coordinate dates before booking!
Nesamovyte "small eye of the sea" is one of the highest lakes of the Ukrainian Carpathians (1750 m above sea level). Located in Ivano-Frankivsk region. It lies within the boundaries of the Carpathian National Park, in a glacial crust (valley) on the eastern slopes of Mount Turkul (Chornohora massif). The length of the lake is 88 m, the width is 45 m. The depth over the entire area varies between 1-1.5 m. It is of glacial origin.
The area near Nesamovyto impresses with its prehistoric forms. Nearby are the Velikiy and Mali Kozly ridges, which cut the valley with the lake into three parts. Ridges consist of sharp, impregnable rocks. This contrasts strongly with the valley where Nesamovyte lies: on a large flat field, mountain flowers bloom, and behind them - fields of fluffy alpine pine.
According to several legends, if you throw a stone into the lake, you can summon a terrible bad weather, which will bring with it gale force winds and showers.
Another legend says that the souls of all people who lay hands on themselves (hang themselves, drown) or take someone's life go to Nesamovite. They say that when you throw a stone into the lake, i.e. disturb the souls of sinners, a white rider on a white horse appears from it and starts prancing around. Where the horse kicks, large pieces of ice peel off the rocks.
And this is the case with the lake: very often in the heat of the afternoon, when there is not a cloud in the sky, after some 20-30 minutes the weather will change and such a storm with wind will come that you don't know whether you will still have to see the white light or not. Hutsuls call it sharga. The hurricane wind with cold rain and sleet, and hail, and thunder, and lightning. You will not envy a tourist who gets into such a situation in the Montenegrin Mountains.
Lurking at the bottom of the Nesamovite ice sheet - watching the magical world of the Carpathian Mountains with a marine eye. And keeps his secrets.
The price of the tour includes:
- Meals (hot breakfast and dinner, lunch - snack; for one-day tours - snack);
- Guide services;
- Recreational collection in nature reserves;
- Equipment for cooking;
- Group first aid kit;
- Consultations on preparation for the tour.
Additionally, you can purchase travel insurance on our website.
The price of the tour does not include and is paid additionally:
- transfer to the starting point (350-400 UAH)
- food (individually)
1. At 08:00 the group gathers at the central station of the city of Yaremche or Ivano-Frankivsk. From here we go by bus/car to the starting point of the hiking trip.
2. The length of the route is 15 km.
3. The duration is approximately 6 hours.
4. The difficulty is easy.
5. The tourist route is designed for an average group of physically healthy people.
6. Participation in the hike does not require prior training or experience.
7. It is strictly forbidden to drink alcohol during the ascent and descent.
What to take with you on a trip?
1. Identity document: passport/driver's license.
2. Comfortable waterproof shoes (preferably mountain trekking boots with high lacing and a "vibram" type protector).
3. A windproof jacket with a hood, preferably waterproof, windproof pants that do not hinder movement, a warm sweater or a "fleece" type jacket, headgear (hat, bandana), raincoat.
4. Spare set of clothes.
5. A capacious, preferably light backpack
7. Food: you can take high-calorie foods, such as nuts, dried fruits, dates, raisins, dark chocolate.
8. Individual first-aid kits (necessary medicines that you use).
- for an individual tour - 1950 UAH;
- for a group of 2-4 people - 2250 UAH;
- for a group of 5-10 people - 50 UAH from the person
*To order a tour in English, select the option Excursion in English when ordering.
Order branded Visit Ukraine merch for stylish travels in Ukraine (worldwide delivery)
5 reasons to choose tour
They will not only guide you along the route from start to finish, but also tell interesting stories and legends
The ascent can be done in 1 day, but it is very easy to choose only 1 day off and conquer the mountain in such a short time
The Carpathian peaks offer incredible views
Physical activity + clean air + spring water + altitude = reserve of health for months ahead
A unique landscape
The lake has a glacial origin, there are only a few such in Ukraine, and there are not so many in the world, and where have you seen a lake at an altitude of 1750 meters
What is included?
Recreational collection in nature reserves
*From each purchased tour, we transfer 10% to the Ukrainian Refugee Support Fund. All profits from press tours are transferred to the reconstruction of Ukraine.
ALSO YOU WILL LIKE
Hike to Mount Shpytsi
Hike to Pikuy
"Borzhava" polony hike
Hike to the Voyevodin waterfall
Hike to Khomyak Mountain
Hike to Hoverla mountain
Hike to Yavirnyk
Hike to Mount Spitsy
HIKE TO PETROS AND HOVERLA
"Hutsul plays" - a hike to the Kostrych ridge
Hike to Pip Ivan Chornohirskyi
HIKING THROUGH THE "HUTSUL PLAYA"
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.